Who we are and what we do
Meat & Livestock Australia represents the over 50,000 ranchers and producers in Australia who send their beef, lamb and goat all over the world. Our role is to conduct research on safety, nutrition, sustainable farm management and breeding genetics, and to cooperatively market Australian meat from grocery stores to fine dining restaurants and college campuses.
Australia is the largest lamb exporter in the world and ships over
650 million pounds of beef to the US every year.
You can feel good when the True Aussie brand is on your menu
A natural choice
- Over 70% of beef and over 90% of lamb is grassfed and finished
- Livestock graze on native and improved pasture varieties
- All lamb and most beef is all-natural, minimally processed, free of artificial additives and hormone growth promotants
Safe and wholesome
- Industry operates under independently audited Quality Assurance programs
- Legislated, national whole-of-life traceability
- National vendor declaration assuring continued high animal and product health status
- Stock are generally free of many diseases that exist in other parts of the world
Over the last 30 years Aussie ranchers have
- Reduced their water use by over 65%
- Reduced their animals’ greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 14%
- Transport <5% of greenhouse gas emissions, water and land impacts, “locally produced” is not a suitable indicator of environmental impact
Let us support you with menu ideations, culinary training or in-restaurant marketing!
Visit us at www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com and online at:
To learn more about Australian red meat products, visit our product guides: